Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks...

I'm mimicking this after an email we received from a professor here at UD and I felt the need to create a Thanksgiving list of my own, to put the day and season in prospective. 
I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband.  I give him a hard time and razz him about helping, or not, but really my life would not be the same without him.  Ever since I met him my sophomore year of college, oh how long ago that was, my life has changed for the better.  Thanks for being who you are and for helping make me who I am.
I feel this is an overly obvious statement, but I am thankful every day for my turkey pants, Braylen.  For all of the reasons I love and adore him, please refer to the past 240 blogs devote, mostly, to the Bugman!!
Of course our family and friends.  I feel we are so fortunate to have such a loving and caring support system of close family.  They love me, Jeremy and Braylen unconditionally.  Our friends provide a get away from our day to day and are such giving people.  We love and would do anything for you all, as I know would be reversed on any giving day or situation.
Our home, this is slightly material, I know, but I love our house that we have made a home.  I pray that we will be here for a very long time and have lots of cherished memories, as will our children, while our family grows and is protected by it's sturdy walls and warm rooms.  While so many are suffering or struggling to make ends meet day to day, we are truly so lucky to have so much and a place to call home for years to come.  Dubuque itself has also offered a wonderful home to us and as many communities are in economic downturn, we seem to flourish and rise above those difficulties. 
I am extremely thankful for those that are serving, have served or will serve to protect me and my family and our country.  I don't feel like I express regularly enough to those I know or come in contact with my gratitude and appreciation for all that they do and sacrifice for others.  My thoughts and prayers to go to those that have family oversees and I think of your often.  Thank you for your ultimate sacrifice.
I am also thankful to those of your who read this regularly.  Lots of love, Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment