Tuesday, November 9, 2010

mondays...

I'm not a huge fan anyway and today was no exception.  I had to take Braylen to Jeremy's mom's because our babysitter couldn't take him and fortunately didn't go in the office until 12, because that adds about 15-20 minutes onto my morning.  I was still feeling pretty icky when I got up, but tried to push through it knowing I would eventually feel better.  I got all of Bray's stuff together, it's tough going to a different sitter have got to make sure we have the bib, high chair, food, diapers, wipes, books, snacks, stroller.  We made it to grandma's with time to spare and I actually made it to work on time, or at least really close, with no problems.  I decided to start my "night" work early just in case I needed to sneak out early due to my cold.  I was supposed to work until 9, but was on the track to be out by 7-7:30, when Jeremy called me informing me that he was going to hunt and then pick Braylen up around 5:30.  Fine and dandy, until I got a call around 5:45 stating that Jeremy had "got a big one" and I would need to pick up Braylen.  No major changes in my plans to leave work, it was just putting me home about 30-45 minutes later than I wanted to be.  But, the major bummer is that in a few short months we'll have another deer head in our basement, #3.  My limit was 2 and I'll let 3 slide, but THAT'S IT!!  I get home with Braylen unpack his bag and get him ready for bed when about 5 hunting pals and a couple kids came over to see the deer, hanging under our deck, and get us off track with bed time and relax time.  He was in a good mood and was playing with the dogs, so he didn't mind it too much!  The good to come out of it...Jeremy won't be hunting as much and may actually make it to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving, but no promises yet, and the first 2 days of sick are the worst, the rest is just getting over it and not snotting on everyone...
Jeremy's newest "big one"

No comments:

Post a Comment