Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Loving and Loathing the Garmin

I'm traveling on the East Coast and have had a busy trip, thus far. I flew in Friday, March 6 to NYC with my coworker Jill. Saturday We took the bus to Austin St, a nice location with food and shopping. Did a small amount of shopping and then had dinner at a Cuban restaurant, fabulous, and then got ice cream. I had 2 scoops of gelato, nutella and like a dark choc rocky road. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! If you've never had gelato, I strongly recommend it and those flavors are wonderful!! Sunday we decided to leave the hotel EARLY and go into downtown NYC. We got up at 6am and got downtown around 8:30 am. We walked around FOREVER and saw the Statue of Liberty, the World Trade Center and Times Square. We were so bummed we weren't able to see any broadway shows, but we saw so many theaters it was really great. I was exhausted and a little sore walking around so much, so we headed back. Monday we got our rental cars and headed in different directions. I pulled out the Garmin and took a few deep breaths and was on my way. I went through the Midtown tunnel and Holland tunnel and it was exciting driving through NY and NJ. Unfortunately, it was a foggy day and the NYC skyline was not very visable. The Garmin told me, too late, to go left when I already going right into downtown NYC. I was literally driving downtown a block away from Rockerfeller Center and in the chaos of the city. It was kind of exilerating being in that kind of chaos, plus since I had the Garmin I was pretty confident driving through the city. I got out safe and sound and feel like I've completed one of "those things" everyone needs to experience. Yesterday I drove to Cherry Hill, NJ, near Philadelphia, and put it into my Garmin and started driving. I had already driven through the Neward and New Brunswick area so was vaguelly familiar with the town and cities nearby. I noticed I was traveling North when I should be going South. I pulled over and figured out there were 2 Cherry Hill, NJ. I drove about 30-45 min in the opposite direction, but found my way and got to the hotel in early enough to do a little work. Today I'm traveling to DE, then MD, DC, VA and back to DC to fly out next Sunday. The week is dragging on, but I'm hoping to see a few sites while in some of these locations. It's hard being away and knowing my dogs are not getting enough attention b/c of Jeremy's hours, but I'm trying to make the most of it and EAT my way through the East Coast!! Wish me, and the Garmin, luck with the rest of the trip! Sorry no pregnancy details to report yet, feeling good and eating a lot, and probably not as good as I should be considering I have been slacking on my work out, but I'll get back "on track" when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment