Monday, May 4, 2009

Flowers, flowers everywhere

I traveled to visit my good friend Mel D this Friday night and we had a nice dinner out and a great time catching up. It was beautiful on Saturday so we went for a nice walk and then I made my way back home. Jeremy was in a softball tourney all day, so I decided to get started on my deck flower pots. Every year I feel a little more knowledgeable about what flowers do well on our very sunny deck and which do not. I went shopping and found all of those flowers, hopefully, that will be beautiful all summer long! I am going with a color theme this year of reds, purples and yellows. Mom helped me find my favorite flowers last year, zinnias and verbena, and I loaded up on them again! I also got my standbys of gerber daises, snapdragons and geraniums and picked up some pansies, new for me, but another mom referral. Unfortunately we haven't had any growth on the tall decorative grass mom split off, hopefully it grows back?! I still have a few pots to plant, so any suggestion on full sun plants would be welcomed!! I love coming home after work and pruning my flowers and watching them grow, ahh isn't spring and summer wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey....you got me in the mode to check your blog out when we were at Jess's party.....So late or not, I'm checking it out.

    My favorite summer flower is Vinca....they like sun and bloom lots all summer....however they are annuals and will not come back next year, but are good for your flower pots. They are like petunia's and come in various pretty colors. Remember your pansies don't like real hot weather, so you might give them 1/2 shade and 1/2 sun....

    You are smart to start learning about flowers now and in a year or two you'll be a smart flower gal, especially with your Mom's help :-)

    Luv......Nana

    ReplyDelete