Monday, February 23, 2009

Pregnancy and Vanity don't go hand in hand!!

I know vanity is the last thing I should be thinking of as my child is growing inside of me, but being pregnant and feeling pretty is hard, so far. I was hoping I would be one of those glowing and radiant, small pregnant women, so far not so much! My hormones are going crazy and thus producing, not the crazy mood swings (fortunately for Jeremy), but the bad skin complexion and dry, frizzy hair (unfortunately for me)!! YUCK, as I said radiant, NOT ME!! I know a lot of the next 9 months is going to be hard, way harder than this, but this is all I have to work with now and personal perception is the worst way to see yourself. I also feel as if I'm looking a little bigger in the tummy department. I didn't really wear tight clothing before, but I'm having a hard time finding, in my wardrobe, clothes that flatter and don't show off the tummy!! I am dealing with everything, fairly well, but it is hard making changes that I wasn't expecting or hoping for! For those of you trying or hoping to have kids, here's the lesser side of being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, everything else is going well and I'm feeling, for the most part, great and healthy. Damn vanity is just getting the best of me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment