Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's positive, Officially

I stopped by my doctor today to take an official pregnancy test and to schedule a follow up appointment. While on my way to the restroom I ran into a co-workers wife, just recently had a baby, and I panicked and froze and then gathered my composure and said/did something really stupid and embarrassing. I refrain from retelling the story for both of our sakes. A little small talk then awkwardly off to perform the dreaded peeing in cup, I hate doing that!!!
The nurse called me back, weighed me and asked, "So were you expecting a positive result?" I responded, "Yes, I was hoping." We went back into the room and I was waiting for her to either confirm or deny my presumption and when she didn't I asked. It was a weird interaction of the nurse asking me (it kind of felt like selling me) who and where I want my delivery performed (tentatively I'm sure). She also talked a little about ultrasounds and I felt like my head was spinning. I rescheduled my next appointment and left feeling a little overwhelmed and unprepared for what lies ahead. Next time I'm making a list of questions, I don't care how first time mother I look, I'm planning to be prepared!! Oh yea, I'm due Oct 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment