Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

We spent Christmas with my parents this year. The drive to Jacksonville was less than wonderful due to icy conditions here in IA, but once we arrived, it was great to be "home" around my family. We went to Christmas Eve mass at 6pm and it was surprisingly not very crowded, which was nice considering Braylen wanted to let all know he was there. We went to Mandi and Andriy's house for soup and sandwiches and it was delicious! Christmas morning we meandered downstairs and Braylen was wisked away to the Christmas tree by Nana to show him what Santa brought him. He was obviously very excited. We opened gifts, got ready for the day and ate a fabulous lunch at mom and dad's. After that we traveled to my aunt and uncle's house for grab bag and, of course, more food. It was great to see everyone and Braylen was a little crabby because of lack of sleep, but he trucked on until about 8pm. I went to change his diaper and try to calm his fussiness, when he decided to scream bloody murder and choke himself with his sobs. I never thought I would say that Braylen's first tantrum was on Christmas day, I hope this doesn't turn into a yearly ritual!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got everything you wished for, I know we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment