Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pros and Cons of pregnancy at almost 39 weeks

I still really love being pregnant. I keep joking that the baby is so easy to take care of in the womb, doesn't cry, need to be fed all of the time or keep us up, but it's also getting exciting because we are both anxious to see what the baby looks like. I have decided to work up until my delivery because I didn't want to make myself crazy around the house thinking of things I need to do or I need to have Jeremy do. Work keeps me occupied. The con to working up until the baby comes is that there are some coworkers of mine that ask daily if today's the day, am I having contractions, is my water going to break when we're having a meeting, etc... That gets slightly annoying, like I need a daily reminder I'm pregnant and going to deliver soon?! My back has been bothering me a little and feet tend to get a little swollen after a day at work, but nothing major. The really weird thing I asked the dr about the other day was a tingling sensation I've had in my hands that wake me up in the middle of the night, also my fingers go numb when I blow dry or straighten my hair. My midwife said it is probably pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, how weird??!! It does tend to go away 6 weeks after pregnancy, but I never would have thought this would be a symptom. I have been getting nightly foot rubs from Jeremy, with just a little prodding from me, and am encouraged to multiple times of the day sit down and relax, someone else will do what I was going to do. I have also been eating well, maybe a little too well... Certain things are not as appealing as they once were, but baked goods hit the spot, maybe not the best thing to be eating if I want to be semi back to normal after the baby, but they are delicious!! All in all things are going really well and we're hoping to enjoy, at least one more weekend, of relaxation and sleep before baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment