Friday, September 25, 2009

Dad's-to-be say the darndest things...

Jeremy has been so funny lately. We have been checking everything off of our "list" and Jeremy finally completed his part with installing the car seats, getting the carpets cleaned and helping me make a daycare decision. So, he's had a little more time to think about what else needs to be done. I've made mention to him many times that I really love being pregnant and said I'll seriously miss it when I finally have the baby. He asked me the other day if I will get the baby blues (postpartum blues) once the baby is here?? First off, I didn't even know he knew or had heard much about that and secondly I'm not "planning" on getting the blues, but can't make any promises... I told him that he'll just have to deal with whatever I'm like after the baby, pleasant or unpleasant as it is, I did just deliver his first born child! He also comes into the bathroom as I'm getting ready for work the other morning, almost in a panic. We were just at the dr a few days before talking about getting flu shots and making sure the baby is well protected during his first few months because it's flu season, so this must have been fresh on his mind. He says, "Lara, we don't have any anti bacterial hand sanitizer for when people come over and see the baby. You need to make sure you get some the next time you're at the store." I responded that, although we don't have a large dispenser of this stuff, we do have 3 sinks and A LOT of hand soap that people can use to wash their hands. He's already the protective dad, making sure everyone is sterile and CLEAN the moment they walk into the house, because we'll probably throw the baby at them instantly. And one last thing...last night I was up a lot because of my annoying, tingling hands and at around 4:30 he also woke up to get a drink of water from his night stand. I looked at him and said, "baby, I cannot sleep at all tonight, I keep waking up and can't fall back to sleep." He responds, "Why are you having contractions? Is the baby coming?" I reassured him that I would let him know if that was the case, and I was just uncomfortable. This seemed to sooth him because within a few seconds he was back to sleep, very sound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment