Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jeremy's 30th Birthday

Jeremy's 30th birthday was on Friday and we both worked 1/2 day. He wanted to enjoy the boat, one last time (I'm telling you this is how our minds are thinking now!), before the baby. We went out for a while and the guys played frisbee and I just sweated a lot! It was a little uncomfortable and I'm pretty glad it was the last time on the boat, while pregnant! Once home we got ready for dinner and I had Jeremy open his gifts. The first pic of him opening an envelop was the funniest expression and he was so excited to a ticket for a Hawkeye's game against Michigan on homecoming. I gave him permission to have a baby free evening with Pat at the game, as long as they came home that night! I also got him a print by a local artist he's been wanting and a photo book I made on snapfish of him and I, pre-baby. We went out to dinner with Jimmy and Kristin to Hoolihan's and it was a great meal and pretty cheap, free entree with the purchase of one on your birthday!! Saturday night we planned a big, but casual party and he was surprised when he returned home from the bar, watching the Hawks game, that the deck was decorated for a party, with balloons, birthday sign, 30th bday cake and pics of him through his 30 years. Friends and family trickled in though the night and we had a great time. There were some serious games of bean bags and the bon fire was going throughout most of the night. We had so much fun catching up with people we hadn't seen in a while and hanging out with everyone! Jeremy, Jason, Jimmy, Jared, Kristin, Melissa and I were last, lone survivors. I finally made it to bed around 2:3o am, I didn't want to miss any fun, and they followed suit around 3:45 am. We slept in on Sunday and hung around the house relaxing after a busy weekend. Thanks for all who came and helped Jeremy break in his 30s!

1 comment: