Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Are you kidding me?

About a week and a half ago I woke up with an excruciating earache and found out I had a middle ear infection, I know how old am I anyway??!! On Thursday night I didn't sleep and was still in LOTS of pain, over a stupid ear, and decided to stay home for the day. The pain finally subsided a few days later and I finished taking the medication just this last Saturday. This was seriously the worst pain I have ever felt, ask me in October if I still feel this way. Yesterday I decided to call the doctor to let them know I still had a very plugged ear and I was continuously jabbing q-tips in it, which I know is not good, something had to be done. I went in yesterday morning the doctor looked in my ear, I told him my symptoms and he said I had to wait until the mucus, sorry I know it's gross, cleared up. I asked if there was any kind of drops or if he could flush me ear because a plugged ear is SO ANNOYING!!! The fluids were behind my eardrum and he informed me there was nothing he can or should do because I'm pregnant. So, I asked about how long it would take to clear up and he said, "I may take months before it clears up for some people up to 25 weeks." That's right people I may be deaf in my left ear for a long time!! But, that wasn't the worst news, after he said this he followed up with, "Since the fluid is really thick it may get reinfected and if this happens call us to get more meds." I think I know what's worse than a clogged ear, 2 ear infections in 1 year??!! So, I'm sucking it up and praying it clears up soon with no follow up infection. How do these kids handle these, how did I handle them? I just hope I don't have to get tubes again, I'm not sure what's more embarrassing telling people I have an earache or taking off work for tubes to be put in my ears?!

2 comments:

  1. I think I finally got it. It's taken me weeks to add a comment. Peanut Fluhr, that shows you how stubborn and determined Papa Scott is. Or how dumb he is. Anyway, you will come into a beautiful family with two great parents, a Nana Scott second to none, and so much love you can't help but shine. We can't wait for the end of September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I think I changed the settings to allow comments from everyone, not sure why it was blocked?! I thought you would be Nana and Papa, fits you nice. Um, yes I can wait until the end of September, don't want to rush things too much! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete