Sunday, June 17, 2012

Funny kid

Braylen has been entirely too entertaining lately.  He has been saying funny things and doing even funnier things!  Last Friday I gave him a kiss on the cheek during dinner and he put his head down and mumbled something that sounded like s-h-i-t.  I asked him to repeat it, twice, and found out he was saying, "Aw shucks."  It was seriously one of the cutest things I've heard or seen and we had a fun game of doing that to each other the rest of the night!  Also, after our Sunday boat trip I was joking with Braylen and saying to him, "You don't like ice cream, do you?"  He was vigorously shaking his head and, of course, disagreeing with me.  We told him we were going to have ice cream for dinner and he starting saying something about his friends.  I didn't catch all of it, so I asked, "What friends are you talking about?"  He said, "You and you, my friends."  Melt my little heart to pieces!!!! Final story... we pull into DQ and he tells me he sees bells, but I don't have any idea what he's said.  I ask him to repeat himself 2/3 times and then finally give up and say, "Braylen, I'm sorry I don't know what you're saying."  He sits in the truck for a few minutes and thinks and then says, "You know, ding ding ding, bells."  No note of frustration in his voice just pure sweetness while explaining himself.
I almost can't wait for the next little person to come along, who knows what kind of questions and comments that will spark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment