Friday, March 25, 2011

I think Braylen is broken...

OK, not literally, but the sweet Braylen facade is starting to crack.  Wednesday night Jeremy went to pick Braylen up from Gretchen's after work and Braylen threw an absolute fit, both leaving and then putting him in his car seat.  I can only imagine how frustrated Jeremy was, it's always so hard putting a bucking child into a car seat, especially since it was the first time Jeremy used our new car seat and was having a hard time figuring it out!!  And last night we had our first all out tantrum.  We've experienced small little fits that we can usually distract him out of within a few seconds, but last night was definitely not one of those.  It was 8:00, we usually have him in PJs and in his quiet room by then, but we didn't have him changed yet.  I decided due to his fussy demeanor I would have him watch basketball while I changed him.  So much for that smooth idea.  He obviously wanted or didn't want something because we walked into the living room with his PJs and that was the end of it...you are fortunate I don't have video of this experience.  It was body trashing, spit slobbering, tear dropping insanity.  I hope no one ever experiences this with my child, but I'm sure that is wishful thinking.  After what felt like about 5 minutes, but was probably more like 2/3 minutes, I was able to calm him a little and change him and then put him down.  Whew, what a challenge!!
I had to add a sweet picture of him to remind me what a sweetie he normally is!!
This is obviously not a picture from last night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment