Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our first boating experience, with extra baggage!!

So I decided to take the plunge this weekend and try boating with Braylen. Jeremy had been anxiously anticipating our first trip and was probably saying many prayers for it to go well. I had "threatened" that if it didn't go well, and the likelihood was high, then we would (Braylen and I) not be boating much this summer. On Saturday with glaring hot sun and a well rested and fed baby we headed down to the dock. We made out off the trailer safe and "easy" and started cruising along with a slightly scared and alert little man. Jeremy took it pretty slow, but it was a little rough. I wasn't too nervous because I was holding onto Bray and with the life jacket, or as I called it straight jacket see pics below, I felt he was pretty safe. The day went well, really well. We went to sandy bottom and tied up next to some friends and Joleen and Bob, Madison was having the time of her life! We had a few drinks and some good swimming time, to cool off, lunch, a nap and then headed home, where Bray promptly fell asleep again. It went so well we went out boating for a little bit on Sunday too. What a busy weekend! But, no sun burns (at least not Braylen) and a great time had by all! Maybe we'll be doing this a little more often than I thought, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment