Tuesday, March 2, 2010

21 weeks

Lots has happened this week, well kind of. Braylen has rolled over, in his own way. I don't think we're going to get much more out of him, he doesn't love his belly and doesn't have too much of a reason to roll over... I'm going to start putting him on his belly more to promote crawling, not that I want that to happen anytime soon. Yesterday he did the yoga position downward dog, or at least his version of it, while on his belly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXyfiJrVyiI
I've had a few "real" mommy things happen to me over the weekend and just this morning. So far I have been pooped on and peed on, while changing the diaper, nothing major, and my work clothes have many times been spit up on before work as well as my everyday casual clothes. I've gotta say, that I think I've had every bodily function on me at some point in time over the past 5 months. On Saturday I was hanging out with Braylen in the morning and when I was feeding him I glanced down at my shirt and there was a nice, big, green, crusted bugger hanging out on my shirt, like a badge of honor! I got it off and went on with my day, in the same shirt, no biggie right?! Today Braylen had to be woken up at 8, had to be to work by 9, and I changed his clothes, diaper and sat down to feed him when I felt a growing warm spot on my leg. I first thought nothing of it, just thought the sun was beating on my leg, but I checked just to make sure there was no pee leakage out of the diaper and, of course, there was right onto my work pants. He had his clothes on for about 10 minutes before I had to change him completely. With his clothes change and now it is about 8:30 and I still needed to move the truck up in the drive way and start it, I didn't have time to change my work pants. To my defense, it was just a little spot on my pants, and I feel like another badge added to my sash. I feel like mom's should have a sash like the Girl Scouts and get patches every time stuff like this happens, only feels appropriate.
I know we're so biased about the cuteness and sweetness of our little peanut, but I had to share this story with you. Jeremy isn't a fawn over Braylen kind of dad. He'll many times say how cute he is or make him smile and just glow while looking at him, but he's not an overly doting father, unlike Braylen's mom!! I work until 9pm on Mondays and Wednesdays and I don't love being here while I feel like I'm missing a lot with the boys, but I know it's great for them to have father son time. I will often call to see how things are going or Jeremy will call on the way home through his blue tooth so I can talk with both of them, but he's usually got his hands full during the evening. Last night I was working and I got a text from Jeremy and it read, "Do u know who has the cutest boy in the work? u do!" It totally made me smile and miss him/them even more, but I again got reassurance that they are getting some quality bonding time while I'm away!!Here are some fun and cute pics from the weekend and today and with a suggestion from Abby, I added a thought bubble to his second picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment