Monday, July 9, 2012

Haley's here!!!

My Monday morning began pretty abnormally, but I was a little prepared for that.  My dr told me to come in at 7am on Monday to be induced.  I asked if I could be induced like last time with a folley catheter and she said stop by and she would do it first thing on MOnday, so I was prepared to have a baby.  I was not prepared for the other stuff...I went to my dr's office (which is where I was induced with Braylen) and it was closed, obviously, so I called the nurse and they said to go to the birthing suites in the hospital.  The nurses put me in a labor and delivery room and I started getting a little nervous, personally you should never see one of those rooms unless you're having a baby!!  They asked me to change into the gown and then the nurse, Rita, came in and banded my arm...woah, what?!  I was a little confused I thought I was going home??!!  I inquired about this to Rita and she checked with my midwife.  After a few conversations, looks like i'm staying.  Well this is real now and I'm going to need Jeremy to pick up a few last minute things to add to my bag and bring that to me.  I sat for a few hours waiting for anything to happen, and nothing was.  My midwife came in around 12 and checked to see if I was dialated, not much happening there.  They did insert the folley catheter to induce me that morning and my midwife moved something around, or something, because shortly after she left I was feeling lots more.  Around 4:20 they broke my water and I was finally moving along at 6 cm.  After that point it was a blur, kinda.  I have more recollection this time around than with Braylen, like they had to move me around, a lot, due to Haley's dipping heart beat and the pain was a lot more intense this time around, but all well worth it!!  Haley was born at 6:35pm at 7lbs 3oz and 20 inches.  I didn't see her as much as heard her after she was born!  She was a very noisy girl and I knew right then and there we had a girl, so much different from the low key Bray J!!  We had Braylen come in to meet his little sister and then my parents and Don came in shortly after.  Jeremy asked Braylen to tell everyone what he had, he yelled, "A little brother!"  I heard everyone say, "oh really?" and Jeremy's response, "No, you have a little sister!"  A little humor after an intense few hours.  We finally got some peace and quiet around 9pm, when Jeremy and I ate dinner.  It was a crazy, but wonderful July 9!!






No comments:

Post a Comment