Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A new Milestone

FYI, this blog is slightly vulgar due to the content of talking about potty training...
Last night after Braylen was done eating, but still sitting at the table he told Jeremy he had to go poop.  Jeremy raced, literally, into the bathroom and said OK, you can go on your potty.  Braylen sat down and then stood back up telling me to put him diaper on.  He was acting odd and kept leaning on me and trying to pull up his pants.  I think he felt weird about going poop on the potty, that has yet to happen by request yet.  I tried swaying him with every bribe we had, skittles, cookies, books, underwear and finally I got him to sit down with a cookie while I read him a book.  I could tell he was going and Jeremy popped his head in and I motioned for him not to make a big deal, yet.  When I could tell he was done we had a potty dance and song!!!  Quite an exciting night for all of us.  We called Nana and Papa, but Papa was gone, so we told Nana the big news.  After that we put on underwear and he loved wearing it around until PJ time.  This morning right when he got up we to the bathroom and pottied and then again after breakfast before we left for Gretchen's, by my prompting.  And so begins the life of potty training...

1 comment: