Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our weekend visitors

Mandi, Andriy, mom and Andriy's parents visited this weekend! It was wonderful having his family here in Dubuque to show them around the area and welcome them into our home. I remember being in Ukraine and how difficult it was getting adjusted to the changes and especially the language barriers. They seemed pretty adjusted as they made their way to Dubuque, their final destination in the US! Vala and Vatali brought us gifts, me some massaging slippers, the family a few magnets and chocolate and Braylen a wool vest, he's so handsome!! We started the trip off to see Galena and walk along the streets, we ate some yummy food and ice cream. Braylen tried a little of Mandi's mountain of watermelon sherbet, I think he liked it!!! We enjoyed a dinner at our house and a few drinks on the back deck. The next day was spent at Eagle Point Park watching the barges lock through and then to the river walk. Fortunately it was a pretty nice day and even nicer night with a BEAUTIFUL sunset, we enjoyed some food at Catfish Charlies and then a few more drinks and games at our house. I hope they had fun, I know we did. I'm sure they're glad to be back home, but they're welcome in Dubuque anytime, I'll just have to practice up on my Ukrainian (and by that I mean learn it!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment