Monday, November 16, 2009

Medical update

Mom, dad and Jeremy were trying to convince me to call the doctor over the weekend because my infection has seemed to be not healing like the drs had hoped. I refrained from calling over the weekend and called on Monday morning. I got in to see Dr Shaw, my new bff, right away and I'm glad, as was he, that I came in because he said it was definitely more swollen and the infection seemed to be getting worse. The infection seemed to be turning into an abscess, which is what they were trying to avoid, and the measures they are going to take from here on out are going to be more invasive, which they were trying to avoid. He aspirated some fluid out and found that it was not just milk in the ducts but an infected pus like fluid. He said he will aspirate again at my next appt and see it that will fix the issue and if not, will resort to a drain. They also wanted to test the fluid to see what bacteria was present to see what antibiotics to try to treat it with. So, 5 days in a hospital, 4 antibiotics, 5 drs and no closer to a cure. Fortunately the aspiration was not bad, thanks to a little local anaesthesia, and hopefully I'm on the road to recovery from here on out. Don't worry no pictures will be posted on these blogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment