Monday, November 23, 2009

Let's try this...

The aspiration didn't work, no difference in fluid collection. I went to the appt today knowing I could be coming out of the dr office with a tube in my boob, yuck. I was nervous, obviously, so the appt was not the most fun I've ever had in a drs office! They used the ultrasound machine again and tried aspirating some additional fluid out to see where the collection is and therefore where the drain needed to be placed. He had some problems navigating his way around and I could tell he was really not sure if the drain was the right answer. After lots of probing and looking, Dr Shaw decided to go ahead with the drain. FYI for anyone with a weak stomach this is a little gross. They had me go into the surgical room and with lots of anesthesia they cut into my breast and inserted the tube. When they cut in lots of fluids came out and I could see the relief on Dr Shaw's face, I guess that's what he wanted to see, and for this I will never be interested in medicine!! They stitched me up and gave me prescriptions for pain killers, thank God, and sent me on my way. I was so nervous for the pain to come that that overcame my anxiety of the here and now. Jeremy went back to work when I got home and thank goodness for great friends, Abby came over and brought my drugs just as I was starting to feel the pain. Here's to a fast mend, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment