Saturday, August 22, 2009

A preview of what's to come...

Saturday night after the shower, the guys golf outing and dinner/drinks at Mining Company, we came home to relax and go to bed. We were all pretty wiped out. I got home and decided just to look through and put away some of the gifts I had gotten. Jeremy sat in the nursery with me and mom for a more thorough show and tell, while having a beer, and we had fun looking at all of the cute stuff! After this, I was a little keyed up wanted to keep the baby stuff moving along, so I encouraged Jeremy to begin putting together the stroller/car seat combo. It was sitting in the living room, so it was easy to convince him to begin this project. Now keep in mind, Jeremy had been golfing/drinking all day, 8-5 to be exact, then to our house for a few more drinks, then out to dinner where a few more drink went down pretty smooth for him and home for a night cap. So, this is well above and beyond the casual drinking quota! Also, it was about 11:30pm when this project began. We pulled everything out and began trying to figure out the directions. Not the most clear, I think the best directions were a picture (difficult to see if the stroller was upside down or backwards in the pic) and then it indicated something was to "snap" and then "pop" into place, the exact wording I believe. We finally get it together and Jeremy is trying to remember how to open and close it. I must admit, stone sober, I was a little fuzzy on how the thing worked as well. Jeremy kept saying, "First it goes like this and then it does that." But while doing this, it took approx 5 minutes, to finally do whatever "that" was. I think it was repeated approx 30-40 times and mom and I were laughing so hard during this whole process. The stroller is very nice and really pretty easy to manage, once we get the hang of it!! I think this is just the beginning of putting together lots of stuff for the child, it probably will only get more fun from here. I'll just have to remember to have a case of beer at hand to keep Jeremy's spirits up!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlgz8hA36eo

No comments:

Post a Comment